01:52:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Sied van Riel


Name: Sied van Riel
Your location(country,city): Spikecity Holland

Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Sied van Riel: Expanding Rielism Records and releasing Rielism 4 was an achievement for sure. 
Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Sied van Riel: Without the motivation, love and backing of my girlfriend and my agent I would have probably have disappeared from this hypocrite industry. BUT thanks to them I have found my focus and my way again.
1) Best Track from other artists:
Vast Vision - Golden Era (alternative mix)



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
My collab with Richard Durand, 



Vampire on Subculture



 and the remix I made of Rush. 

3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
To many to mention. Nikolauss, Sam Laxton, Perrelli & Mankoff, Type 41, Rene Ablaze, Tasso, Smith & Brown, Shugz, Sneijder, Giuseppe Ottaviani. And I really really really enjoyed Menno de Jongs solo in January of this year in Amsterdam. That guy really knows how to throw down a set. 















4) Best Remix from other artist:
Richard Durand & Sied van Riel - Rivella (Nikolauss Remix) 



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
Sied van Riel - Rush (Sied van Riel Rielism Remix) 



6) Best Remixer:
Nikolauss 

7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Nikolauss, Eryon Stocker, Sam Laxton, Type 41, Perrelli & Mankoff, Tasso.. all of the guys on Rielism are real talents!! 





8) Best Electronic Music Album:
I honestly haven't listened to any album 

9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Neither to compilations, if a day would have 36 hours I might have time 

10) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
A track I am working on with Natalie Gioia .. deep! 

11) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
Emma Hewitt, Natalie Gioia, Kimberly Hale, Julie Thompson 









12) Best Electronic Music Label:
duhhh.. Rielism! 



13) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
I personally prefer my personal page on Facebook, but Twitter is still the fastest way.. My artist page on Facebook gets squeezed by Facebook unless you pay for boosts.. Another one of those money hungry pages that got famous by us the people and now want money so they can add it to their stack of cash that is the size of mount everest already. 

14) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
Personally I love to read messages from followers that explain how my music has helped them through rough periods in their lives or when they are just straight up going ape shit on it on the dance floor or at work. I try to read and reply all messages, but it is very time consuming at times =) 

15) Best music composition software:
Logic and Cubase

16) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
Rielism Panama Amsterdam on my bday. Even tho we were up against Armin in the Amsterdam Arena, we still had a really really good night with proper Trance fans who came out. A night for to remember!  

17) Best personal Dj Gig:
Rielism Panama and Luminosity Beach Festival 2017.



18) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Menno de Jong Solo January 2017 in Amsterdam. Was there with my girl and we both had a really good time.



19) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
Luminosity Beach Festival 2017. All trance lovers and everybody is there for 1 reason. Music



20) Best Radio station:
I do not listen to radio shows anymore

21) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
Beatport and iTunes 

22) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
I don't follow the gossip really ^^ 

23) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
My iPhone and twitter, facebook, instragram apps..

24) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Cdjs2000 

25) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?

I started using the Access Virus TI again. Always a go to machine for making unique and fat sounds.

26) Best tip that you learnt this year for your DJing techniques or music composition:
Give it more then you've got, pedal to the metal and don't look back

27) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Keep the focus on your own thing at all times, exclude negativity, don't argue with idiots who drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

28) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
Spending loooooads of time with my girlfriend! 

29) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
what is that word  "holiday" .. I should google this 

30) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
The only thing I read are emails and manuals of new plugins ^^ 

31) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
anything with Will Farrell or Kevin Hart in it 

32) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
I don't play video games really. 

33) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
Andre Hazes - the highest time 

34) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
A video Protoculture showed me when we did a producers masterclass in Bali. I literally laughed hard for 20 minutes and I couldn't stop. What a moment hahah

35) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
It is saddening to see when business gets discussed out in the open with the sole purpose to damage credibility and or status regardless of the reasons and or situation behind it. aka Slander. There are always 2 sides to every story...  Fans should not be engaged in the business side of this industry. 

Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Sied van Riel: Debut artist album coming up in 2018, a lot of great releases on Rielism from the talents we work with, and I am finally moving back in the USA for events after a 2 year break. The time is right and Dreamstate SoCal is my first event there again. Positive things for 2018 and a lot of motivation behind it!!!! 
Thanks to Mark at Black Hole recordings for arranging this interview!

Additional info: