23:28:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with John Gregory


Your Name: John Gregory
Your location(country,city): Bolton. England

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
John Gregory: My biggest achievements would be when I signed to labels such as Mondo records, Blue Soho and OHM Music
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
I’d say when I did a remix for Addictive Sounds which was Redshift by Woti Trela shortly after the release the A&R of Blue Soho recordings contacted me to do a remix which made me feel proud and excited that people are liking my productions



1) Best Track from other artists:
The best track I like is Destiny by David Thulin & Euphoric State ft Spencer Lloyd which I also did a remix for.



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
My top 3 would be ..
David Thulin & Euphoric state ft Spencer Lloyd ( John Gregory Remix) 



John Gregory - Moonlight Sonata  and



Lee Cassells - Eternal ( John Gregory remix)



3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
Artist I’m really into at the minute would be Solid Stone his productions have a huge inspiration on me



4) Best Remix from other artist:
Jerome Isma-e remix of Heart Call by Solid Stone, He puts a very progressive touch on the original.



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
David Thulin & Euphoric nation - Destiny ft Spencer Lloyd.

6) Best Remixer:
Ilan Bluestone love all his productions at the moment.



7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
There are so many new talents on the scene at the minute but if I had to choose I would say Josh Bailey



8) Best Electronic Music Album:
Paul van Dyk - Reflections this was one of the first albums I listened to in my bedroom or on the train.



9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Mondo Records Best of 2016 which also included  my remix of Ian solano's track “ hit the unlock”



10) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
Big  Sky by John O’Callaghan I think the lyrics sang by Audrey Gallagher is one of the best up there.



11) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
One if the most talented singers in the industry at the minute for me would be Jennifer Rene, she is a huge talent and somebody I would love to work with in the future.



12) Best Electronic Music Label:
There are so many to name but OHM Music are releasing some brilliant stuff at the minute.



13) Best Electronic Music Video:
Darude Sandstorm is one of my favourites I remember seeing it on TV when I first got into music and it’s stuck with me ever since.



14) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
Facebook would be the best way to communicate with people around the world.

15) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
Messages I have received are from people who enjoy my music and being asked to do remixes which makes me feel proud and makes me more determined.

16) Best music composition software:
I wouldn’t say there is a favourite they all do the same thing and it’s what your used to in the past I have used fruity loops which was good in its own way and now I use Logic again, it’s good in its own way.

17) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
That would have to be Luminosity without a doubt personally.

18) Best personal Dj Gig:
One of my favourites would be at Trance Sanctuary in London. The vibe is electric there every time, and to have played there was an amazing feeling.

19) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
One of my favourites would be when Dj Madwave played in Prague one of the most talented DJs out there

20) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
The best country would be when I played in Prague along side DJ Madwave and Jase Thirlwall.  The crowd was brilliant and the interaction was amazing.

21) Best Radio station:
Personally Rock Fm which is a local station we’re I live that do play trance every now and then.

22) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
I always use Trackitdown for my stuff, it’s just a personal choice.

23) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
I tend to check out Beatport & Trackitdown and keep up to date with all the latest releases.

24) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
The app I use a lot for my productions is called ChordWheel it’s good for when your starting of and you want to know which keys go together.

25) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
The CDJ 2000s would have to be the best, it is changing the way we DJ by linking your playlist from one deck to another.

26) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
I’m really into the deep kinda stuff so for me Solid Stones productions are brilliant.

27) Best tip that you learnt this year for your DJing techniques or music composition:
Best tip would be always finish a track it might not be the best but you always learn something.

28) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
Be determined and take criticism well and not to heart, it will help you in the future.

29) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
I spend a lot of time in the studio working on tracks and remixes but I also enjoy sports like football and play twice a week.

30) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
My number 1 place would be America either for a holiday or to DJ I think it would be amazing.

31) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
Mixmag would be my favourite,  it contains a lot of tips for producing.

32) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
This is something I’ve been trying to get into at the minute, I’m not sure about this year but I’d love to do something like the Titanic.

33) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
I’m a huge FIFA player, I probably play it every day

34) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
Energy by Avelino

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, DJ gigs.
John Gregory: At the minute I’m working on my first album which hopefully will be released on Nueva sometime next year.
Thanks to Omair Mirza at OHM music for organising this interview

Additional info:
https://www.facebook.com/JohnGregoryOfficial/
http://www.twitter.com/_johngregory87